Radeon HD 3400 Reviews
The 3400, at $49 for the passively-cooled 3450 or $65 for the meatier 3470, aims to be a no-brainer plug-in for people who own cheap PCs with grim integrated video, but who want 1080p HD video: at that price, it's about the same price as a couple of next-gen movies. It's low-profile for lovers of old-school desktop form factors and has the newfangled displayport. It has a 64-bit memory interface, runs at 800/950Mhz, and has 256MB of RAM. The 3450 model is passively-cooled, but clocked lower.
You'll also be hearing a lot about "hybrid" video cards, this year, and the 3400 series is AMD's first to offer this feature. Put simply, it's like SLI/Crossfire, but using your old intergrated video chip alongside the new PCI express card to improve performance. There is a "green" angle, in that your PCI card (and its noisy fan, if you get the 3470) can be powered down when not in a graphics-intensive application.
Radeon® HD 3400 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series � Overview Experience the Power of HD
Experience the power of HD with the ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series of GPUs - graphics processing designed for entertainment and productivity.
HD Video Beyond 1080p
With ATI Avivo™ HD technology, the latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies play as smoothly as intended; at True HD 1080p. The Unified Video Decoder (UVD) relieves your CPU from the taxing video decode process and enables time-saving multi-tasking. Enjoy quality to spare with resolutions upscaled beyond 1080p for the most processing-intensive content. And with a choice of digital outputs, you have more options when enjoying your digital entertainment.1
HD Gaming Technology
Play the next generation of HD games featuring life-like graphics realism from Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 compatibility. With PCI Express® 2.0 support, you’re ready for games that demand fast throughput. And boost your gaming experience with ATI Hybrid Graphics multi-GPU technology – get an easy performance upgrade when you plug into a compatible AMD 7-Series Integrated Chipset-based motherboard.
ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series graphics processors deliver break-through efficiency from cutting-edge technology and new energy-saving features that can help lower your energy costs and enable cool, quiet PCs. Be more productive with advanced multi-monitor support and enjoy the extraordinary value.
- ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series – Key Features
- Improved Unified Video Decoder – View and manipulate the latest Blu-ray and HD DVD content with a dedicated hardware video decoder that leaves your CPU free to perform other tasks.
- Ultimate Image Quality – Performance that rivals high-end HD-DVD and Blu-ray players on displays with resolutions that exceed 1080p – up to 2560x1600.1
- Integrated Digital Outputs – Enjoy your digital content the way you want to, with built-in HDMI that includes 5.1 surround audio for big screen entertainment and the latest in display connectivity; DisplayPort™ technology.
- PCI Express® 2.0 – Get ready for the most demanding graphics applications with PCI Express 2.0 support, which allows up to twice the throughput of current AMD PCI Express cards.
- DirectX® 10.1 Compatibility – You’ll be blown away by life-like graphics from Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 games, with stunning 3D graphics and shading effects.
- ATI Hybrid Graphics – Combine an ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series graphics card with a compatible AMD 7-Series Integrated Chipset to improve gaming performance and multi-monitor productivity.
- ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU – Upgrade to even greater 3D performance quickly and easily thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX technology.
- ATI PowerPlay™ Technology – power saving features that reduce power consumption at idle or during low-usage
- Runs Cool and Quiet – With a smaller chip designed to use less power, your system can take advantage of high-end Windows Vista® features while running more efficiently and quieter than ever.
- Be More Productive – See more and do more of your work
and entertainment with advanced multi-monitor support.